Dr. Graham will be sending the following message out to all CHS homes on Sunday evening, August 28th, through our School Connects program:
This is Dr. Duane Graham, principal of Chester High School. I am calling to thank you for your support over the first two weeks of school. We’ve had a great school opening and we attribute this success to the hard work of our staff and your continued support of our school procedures. I would like to stress to you the importance of making sure your child is prepared for school and keeping up with work in their classes. I ask that you stay abreast of your child’s progress by monitoring their grades on Parent Portal. This is a website to keep parents aware of the grades and the assignments within your child’s classes. To access Parent Portal on your phone, you must go through the CCSD app. The directions are available on our school web site, through PeachJar, and our school Facebook page. Finally, I ask that you monitor the clothing that your child wears to school, making sure that they are compliant to our rules. Again, thanks for your support. WE ARE CHESTER!!!!
Please note: Subscribe to our YouTube channel at CHSCyclones SC to see the morning news show each day.
Parents and Students:
It is with great pride and excitement that I, the new principal of Chester High School, welcome you to an exciting new year. I am honored to have the opportunity to lead a school with so many outstanding students with a vast array of potential.
During the past few months, I have had many interactions with parents, teachers and students. From these conversations, it is my desire to create a learning community that will provide the best possible academic experience for our students. In my quest to create this community, I will have to make difficult decisions that will affect our school and, specifically, our student body.
I have noticed a major safety concern for our school. The concern is students who leave school campus during their respective lunch periods. There have been several complaints and concerns about the safety of our students as they leave/return to school. Therefore, I am left with making a decision to NOT allow students to leave school campus during lunch. Parents, I ask for your support in this matter to insure the safety of our children. If you have questions, I would love to schedule a time at your convenience.
Thanks for your support,
Dr. Duane Graham
Chester High School strives to create a safe and nurturing environment where students are encouraged to develop academic, social and emotional competencies. To this end, we are committed to developing creative, independent students who are prepared to contribute to local, national, and global societies.
Click here for the handbook. Parents/Guardians are now able to monitor their children's school meal accounts online!
- Create an account by going to www.K12PaymentCenter.com
- Click "Register Now"
- Select Chester County School District from the drop-down lists of school districts
- Fill in your information, input your credit or debit card information and you're ready to go!
***You will need your child's Student ID Number. This number is printed on report cards and on their student IDs. Please contact the school if you are unsure of this number.***
Once the account is established, you will be able to:
- Make payments for meals online securely using your credit card (*Small fee applies for each payment.)
- Deposit money into multiple accounts with just one payment, no matter which school your child attends.
- Get quick and easy access to your child's account 24 hours a day.
- See your child's meal purchases.
- Check your child's meal account balance.
- Get low balance alerts by email and/or text.
This web site is secure and utilizes all of the current industry privacy standards.
The locations of free Wi-Fi access for CCSD devices are:
Roddey Building in Chester, Pine Springs Park in Leeds, Baton Rouge Park, Lowrys Park, Edgemoor Fire Department, Fort Lawn Community Center, Blackstock Market, Lewisville Middle School parking lot, Great Falls Elementary parking lot, and all high schools parking lots.
Login to Office 365 (www.outlook.office365.com) SEE BELOW IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO THIS
Send an email to:Send an e-mail to:
In the subject line, put:
CHS, Your Name (first and last)
In the body of the message, put as much information as you can about the problem you’re having.
One of the IT staff members will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
Be sure to periodically check your email. You will receive updates as the problem is fixed and to let you know when it’s ready to be picked up.
The IT Office is in Room F-5.
How to sign-in to email:
You have to check your email through Office 365. This is how:
1. Login to your computer with your first initial, last name, and the last 4 digits of your student ID number. You set up your password this year when you logged on to a computer for the first time. (If you haven’t logged in yet, your password is password, and you have to change it right away.)
2. Click on the desktop icon for SIGN IN TO OFFICE 365 or open an internet browser (Chrome/Firefox, or Internet Explorer) and go to www.outlook.office365.com .
3. You will login with your regular username (first initial, last name, and last 4 digits of your student ID number) but you must add @chester.k12.sc.us after your 4 digits. John Doe’s log in would look like this: firstname.lastname@example.org . This is also your email address, if you want to give it to someone. Remember, when you graduate or leave Chester County School District, this account will no longer exist, so use it only for school-type stuff. Use your Microsoft/gmail/yahoo accts for everything else.
4. Your password is the same password you use when you log on to the network at school. Same password for the network and for Office 365.
Mrs. Denise Chavis
CHS Teacher of the Year
Like Us On Facebook
"Chester Senior High School"